Wyoming Workers Comp
Wyoming Workmans Comp - Compensation Law and Attorneys

Wyoming workers comp laws are administered by Wyoming Workers' Safety and Compensation in Cheyenne, WY. In January 2010, there is actually a specific customer service representative, Larry Hammons at (307) 777-5476, that is available during regular business hours to assist workers and employers with questions about workmans compensation. If you are reading this many years after 2010, the specific person may have changed but there is an email which should be the same: e-mail at askmewc@state.wy.us

The Workers’ Safety and Compensation Division has offices in Cheyenne (307-777-7441), Casper (307-235-3664), Cody (307-527-5609), Gillette (307-686-0818), Laramie (307-755-6261), Lander (307-332-0239), Rock Springs (307-382-9477) and Sheridan (307-672-7849).

If you have been injured on the job in Wyoming, you should notify your supervisor and employer immediately. It is imperative that you inform your employer within 72 hours of the accident. Within 10 days, submit a "Wyoming Report of Injury" with the Workers’ Safety & Compensation Division. Be sure that you complete all required sections of the form and sign it. Completing this document with your supervisor or employer is recommended. The Division will send you a nine digit number for your case. Give this number to any health care providers and they will then bill the Division rather than you.

The Division will cover costs for health care that are deemed necessary for treatment for an ailment that was caused by an issue on the job. You have a few responsibilities in this payment process. You must provide health care facilities with your Division id number, you should seek treatment from the provider closest to your house and the provider should be in Wyoming. Once you've selected a physician, you may not change unless you have a referral or obtain permission from the Division.

Wyoming Temporary Total Disability (TTD)

In Wyoming, TTD benefits are not paid for the first 3 days of a disability period unless you are disabled for longer than 8 days. To be considered, a worker must submit an "Application for Temporary Total Disability". You must complete this with your physician and submit it to the Division. If you are eligible, payments will be set at 66 2/3% of your average gross weekly wage prior to the accident. The payments are capped at a maximum set in the state law. These benefit payments are not taxed.

If your claim for workers compensation has been denied and you are having difficulty resolving the issue with your employer, you may request a hearing. You must submit a written request to the Division.

Returning to Work

If you have been released for light duty or modified work by your physician, you must inform both the Division and your employer immediately. If you engage in any temporary work or self-employment, you also must notify the Division and include details about your earnings. TTD benefits stop when you have recovered and are able to return to work.

Workers Comp Fraud

Unfortunately, fraud is a significant issue in the claims program. It obviously creates a waste of resources by involving folks in paperwork, phone calls etc that are unnecessary. Those that knowingly make misrepresentation of fraudulent statements for the purpose of gaining benefit payments under workers comp are guilty of a misdemeanor or felony in Wyoming.

Share |

Workers comp in Wyoming is administered by:

Wyoming Workers' Safety and Compensation Division
1510 E. Pershing Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-7441
Fax: (307) 777-6552

Find out about workers comp codes

Get workers comp forms

Learn more about what is workers comp

Go from Wyoming Workers Comp to Workers Comp Settlements and Laws